[nabs-l] Guide Dogs and Bathrooms

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 19:36:27 UTC 2016

Hi Aimee,
I  am not a guide dog user, but as a college student I would do the following:
1. Are there any particular students that you know of who are doing this? You could approach them about it casually in a conversation, like "Hey Tammy, if you don't mind, could you use the regular stall when I'm around?  My guide dog won't be able to fit in the other stall, and I really don't want to be late for class."  You may have to do this with many people, but Tammy will probably not feel defensive and will appreciate your talking to her in a non-confrontational manner.
2. Failing that, do you have an RA? I know that at my school I can always talk to my RA about any issues. Occasionally, the RA's of my dorm have a meeting for all students known as a floor meeting, so maybe you could request one. Most likely, she'll probably have other issues to discuss during the meeting as well.  You could even ask her if you could make the announcement yourself: I believe that is what I would choose.
Vejas