[nabs-l] Ceramics

johnnie Jean duran johnniejduran at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 14:01:15 UTC 2016

Good morning students:
As an elective, I have decided to take ceramics for a great artistic
experience. I am doing well at pottery building and sculpting.
However, now we're glazing. Over glazes were easy, because putting 3
coats completely over the project does not require much sight.
However, now we're painting a smooth pinch pot we've created, which
requires under glazing. This requires sight in order to pay attention
to extreme detail. My teacher requires our project to have a pattern,
whether it's colors, stripes, complex shapes including flowers, etc.
But I'm not sure how to complete this project independently. I have a
para in class with me, but I don't want her to do all the work. It is
easy 6smear glaze together, and touching it ruins the design. Any
suggestions are tremendously appreciated!
Thanks,
JJ

--
Ms. Johnnie Jean Duran