[nabs-l] Mandarin speaking.course

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Wed Sep 28 22:29:56 UTC 2016

Afternoon, Amanda,

         Have you learned Mandarin braille? While I was taking
nihongo (Japanese language) it was the best thing I did, learning to
read. Personally, my Dad found the hiragana chart (the sylables which
comprise the language On-line and I'll bet they have a Mandarin
braille key, too.
Also, yu can find some real blind folks whom also read braille
Mandarin and get them to teach you if , like me you don't learn well
from reading. I was imagining you could become versed in braille
Mandarin such that you develop sort of a working knowledge so you can
then get some person2person study, too.
What do you think? In terms of fining a Mandarin reader, you might
not need to look further than your local blind community.
Keep us posted.