[nabs-l] "In-class" assignment

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Tue Apr 18 00:36:06 UTC 2017

Hello:
I'm not trying to be mean here, so please don't take anything I say as
that way.

When presented with issues like this, you have a couple options. I do
not know your circumstances, so it's worth noting that this is coming
from a place of not knowing you.

Your options in this case are to walk out when you find something that
you think is "unrealistic" or to find a way around it. Your walking out
doesn't just make you look bad for not discussing this with the
professor, but it means that the class which you are presumably paying
for, which goes over information you may need later is missed.

In this instance, there are other alternative solutions which may have
worked and which may work for you later. First you could request the TA
help you go over your paper with relation to the other paper and figure
out what you're doing wrong and taking notes, or you could ask the
professor for notes on what you're doing wrong. I'm sure there are other
ideas that people will chime in with as well.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,