[nabs-l] Making the college decision

Miso Kwak misokwak12 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 05:57:41 UTC 2017

Mausam, what an exciting time!
In my initial selection of where to apply, I honestly didn't consider
the quality of disability services. I was more concerned about whether
the schools I was applying to had programs of study I was interested
in, extracurricular activities I would enjoy, etc.
After I had the list of colleges I was accepted to, I started
seriously learning more about each school's disability service. Talk
to the staff of disability service office at each school and ask all
the questions you have for them. Also, if you are able, try connecting
with blind students who currently go to the school or blind recent
graduates to get students' perspectives.
Of course trying to get a good understanding of the campus atmosphere,
location, housing etc should be put into consideration as well.

Best wishes,
Miso Kwak