[nabs-l] Making the college decision

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 18:50:27 UTC 2017

Personally, I don't think the college decision is really much
different for blind students. Like others, the main factors I looked
at were the size, majors offered, and distance from home. I wanted a
smaller university because I prefer smaller classes, to stay within
about three hours away from home, and I chose Environmental Science as
my major. Disability services really didn't factor into my decision at
all. I believe I talked to the DSS office at three of the five schools
I applied to. I personally prefer to discuss accomodations directly
with the professor as much as possible though, so I only deal with the
DSS office on occasion. The DSS office at my university isn't very
good at all when it comes to anything other than learning
disabilities, but most professors do a good job of following my
accomodations.

Good luck,
Danielle