[nabs-l] Reliable and Accessible Flight Booking App or Website

Ignasi Cambra ignasicambra at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 13:13:05 UTC 2017

Hello all,
I am a Mac user and find the Expedia site to be very accessible. The Expedia and Kayak iPhone apps are also great, and I remember using the Skyscanner app some time ago and getting things done quite easily. The problem with search engines like Kayak and Skyscanner is that they usually send you to other websites to actually purchase tickets, and accessibility on those third-party websites isn’t always great. Generally speaking I find Expedia to offer the best experience in terms of accessibility both on my desktop and on my phone, and their prices are usually just slightly higher than the cheapest options available from lesser known travel agents that I see on Kayak. The process to buy flight+hotel packages on the Expedia website is also the most accessible I can think of. Things are usually labeled properly with headings, and forms use standard controls that screen readers should recognise easily.
Sorry for writing so much! Clearly I spend way too much time flying…
Best,

IC