[nabs-l] Nokia N86 with Talks Needed

Hamid Hamraz hhamraz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 02:39:08 UTC 2017

Hello Folks,

In addition to my vision loss, I have dexterity issues so as I couldn't use
Android/Apple touch phones despite trying both for a couple of weeks.  So, I
can only use a phone with a keypad and hopefully a strong screen reader like
Nokia N86 or similar with Talks.  My old N86 is broken and I am looking for
a replacement. I actually purchased a brand new one from eBay, but I found
out that Symbian certificate files can no longer be created after 2014 or
so.  This means that there is no way to install Talks on the new phone.  On
the other hand, I know that many blind folks used to use Nokia Symbian
phones with Talks until a couple of years ago, which has now been replaced
with Apple or Android phones.  If anybody have an old Nokia phone with Talks
and no longer is using it, I will be willing to buy it and greatly
appreciate if they can email me off-list at hhamraz at gmail.com.

Also, I think it's a lost cause, but any suggestion on how to get the
Symbian certificate files for a new phone is welcome.

Thank you.

Hamid