[nabs-l] College degrees/programs and textbooks for visuallyimpaired in eletronic braille

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 21:05:48 UTC 2017

Hi Jessica,
If you have a particular career interest, you can research
schools based on these interests.  Taking tours of schools is
very helpful.  Think to yourself: Do I want to go to a large or
small college? Do I want to go close or far away from home? Do I
want to live in a dorm, apartment or other accommodation?
Many textbooks are available on Bookshare and Learning Ally.  For
these that are not, the college's disability services should be
able to scan the book if you buy a hard copy, but I have also
heard of other colleges' disability services being unwilling
and/or unable to do this, and I believe it can be done with the
KNFB Reader.
Vejas