[nabs-l] software developer working with co-workers

Suzanne Germano sgermano at asu.edu
Wed Jan 11 18:45:23 UTC 2017

Hi

I am a software developer. I use ZoomText with dual 27 inch monitors.

I am finding that I am asked to go work with QA or another team. Go sit
with them.

How do you handle that? I can't see what they are doing. My vision is good
enough that I have a very difficult time no matter how many times I say I
can't see that to get anyone to tell me what they are doing. Not to mention
I am extremely light sensitive so just looking at other people's monitors
lead to eyestrain and headaches.

I have tried having them share their screen via skype but it comes through
so small and once you start to zoom even a little bit it is super pixelated
and unreadable.

Years ago I worked as a programmer and never had to leave my computer to
work so I did not have to worry about not having accommodations.

I am open to an ideas!

Thanks
Suzanne