[nabs-l] Finding a Dating Partner

Christina Moore christina.moore16 at houghton.edu
Sun Jan 15 16:54:53 UTC 2017

Hey Rahul,

I think this is a more common challenge than some may believe. Not
just for those that are blind or visually impaired but for people in
general. Some people, regardless of disability, are just natural at
knowing how to attract and connect with those they are interested in
while others find the situation awkward and shy away from dating
altogether.
You mentioned you are averse to dating someone with a disability so I
will respect that decision.
I am not sure how things work in India so if any of my suggestions are
not possible, I am sorry but I hope they can lead you in some sort of
direction.
If there are clubs, social groups or other settings where young adults
hang out, you could go to those events and hang out with your peers.
Try to fit in wiht them; have a balance between telling them things
they need to know about your blindness (if any) and talking to them as
a regular young adult about TV shows, movies, sports Etc.
Try to show the groups that you are blind yes but that does not make
you impossible to befriend.
Another thing you could try is asking any people your age where you
live how they get dates. It may be best to ask people who are not
using Tinder because, as you mentioned, that service is not very
user-friendly.
I am sure your peers wouldn't mind helping you out. :-)

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/