[nabs-l] How to Work with a Tutor

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 07:49:43 UTC 2017

Hi All,
I would like to work with a math tutor, and I know that my school
has many available, but was just looking for some tips.  I know
that as the student, it will be my responsibility to run the
sessions.
For these of you who have used math tutors, how do you have them
help you? Do you have them guide you to doing homework?
Personally, I would prefer to use supplemental material to work
with the tutor, because sometimes I find that even if I
understand the examples in the book but have trouble applying
them to the concept itself.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Vejas