[nabs-l] BrailleNote Touch is freezing halfway through startup please help!

Jameyanne Fuller jameyanne at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 03:13:09 UTC 2017

Hello all,

I was finishing a homework assignment just now when I left my BrailleNote
Touch on my desk and went to the kitchen to refill my waterbottle. When I
came back, the BrailleNote had turned off. I tried to turn it back on, but
partway through the startup process, when it says "starting keysoft" and the
circle thing is going around, it just stopped. I tried turning it off but
couldn't, so I tried removing and replacing the battery and trying again
with the same result. I was able to plug it in and find out that it's at 80%
charge, so that's not the problem. It's been stuck like this for almost ten
minutes. Has this happened to anyone else and do you have a solution? Also,
is there a way to get my files off the BrailleNote if I can't turn the
BrailleNote on?

Thanks for any help you can give me. I'm feeling kind of desperate.

Jameyanne