[nabs-l] NVDA lag issues

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Tue Jul 25 13:42:34 UTC 2017

Meaghan,

I don't know if these suggestions will help, but here they are.  First,
Windows 10 does some checking and downloading that sometimes is initiated
when it starts up.  You might try rebooting your computer as you have
already done, but then just waiting ten minutes or so before starting
serious testing.  I am not saying you always need to do that, although
waiting a minute or two after booting is not a bad practice.  Windows
Defender also scans your system periodically and that can have an effect.

The second thing I would suggest is to try a different speech engine in case
the speech you are using is being affected by something.

A third suggestion is to try closing NVDA and starting Narrator when you
have a problem to see if Narrator is affected.  If Narrator is running all
right, that points a finger at NVDA.  If you have any other screen readers,
check performance out with them as well.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson