[nabs-l] Part time job

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 17:45:52 UTC 2017

Shikha:

This may be a shot in the dark, but you might check with your manager to see if the cafe uses the Square app to process payments. Though I have never played with the app myself, I have noticed that more and more restaurants, especially those of the fast food and lunch counter variety, are using apps like Square and Apple Pay to scan credit cards, keep track of payments, etc. I've heard that it's a very accessible app to use, so this would probably be a good option for you. As for the register itself, more and more of these are unfortunately being made in the form of inaccessible touch-screen kiosks. You could check into the brand of the register and see what you can learn online about its accessibility, or coordinate with cafe management and your DSO to come up with a plan for making it work for you. Finally, I don't see anything wrong with asking a customer to tell you what bills he/she is giving you. When I get cash back for a purchase, I often ask the cashier to tell me how much change they are giving me and which bill is on top. I don't see anything wrong with this going the other way. However, you may want to confirm this with an EyeBill or the Money Reader app just to make sure you are getting the right amount of cash.

Congratulations on landing the job!

Chris Nusbaum

Sent from my iPhone