[nabs-l] Question for Anyone Who Gets Their Books Scanned by DSS

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 23:18:56 UTC 2017

Hi All,
I just finished my freshman year of college.  Thinking ahead to
next year, I would like to avoid an issue that happened my first
semester (not an issue second semester) regarding textbooks not
available on Bookshare or Ibooks.  For the books that were
unavailable on these sites, I brought them and my DSS scanned
them in PDF's.  While I could read most of the text, there were
some parts with too many mistakes to be able to deduce the words.
I don't expect a "perfect" copy, but was wondering how these of
you who have been successful have gotten the most accurate copy.
I'm also wondering if you think it is appropriate that I ask my
DSS to "proofread" the books to compare to the print-I do know
that it would take lots of time, but at least a quick
spell-check.
Thanks,
Vejas