[nabs-l] Endorsement of Michael Ausbun for 1st Vice President

Harry Staley hstaley at nfbtx.org
Sat Jun 17 17:05:12 UTC 2017

Good morning;

I whole heartedly endorse Michael D. Ausbun for 1st Vice President of the National Association of Blind Students for the following reasons.

1. He is committed to the advancement of our movement as Federationists as evidenced by the following actions.
	a. He was one of the first students in the federation to deliver a letter of support for the AIM High act from his institution University of Nevada Reno.
	b. He has excelled as the legislative director for the Nevada Affiliate for the past two years.
	c. He currently serves as the Vice President of the Nevada Affiliate.
	d. He has served as an intern at the National Office in 2016.
2. He is committed to setting a positive example for his peers through the following:
	a. He is committed to developing his blindness skills and presenting a positive view of blindness.
	b. He fought to attend the Louisiana Center for the Blind and will graduate soon.

The one thing that sets Michael apart is he heart to serve. I remember working with him to simply clean up some garbage that needed taken care of after the student seminar in Texas. it wasn’t his job, and he had another meeting to get to, but he inconvenienced himself to make sure that we left the conference room better than we found it.

Harry A. Staley Jr.
President
San Antonio Chapter
National Federation of the Blind