[nabs-l] Join the legislative committee Wednesday the 21rst!

Michael Ausbun mausbun at nevada.unr.edu
Sun Jun 18 21:22:47 UTC 2017

Good Afternoon NABSters!
	This month, congress has been, and will continue to be in session for the entire four weeks of June! As we head into the last two weeks of the month, we want to give another push for our legislative priorities. Have you ever asked yourself how might I talk with my congress person or senator? Perhaps you need a small refresher on what legislation we are pushing forward, and what legislation we are opposing as the National Federation of the Blind. Perhaps you just want to hear about our progress so far. Please join the student division’s legislative committee this up and coming Wednesday, June 21, 2017 at 8:00 P.M Eastern (7 Central, 6 Mountain, and 5 Pacific) to discuss our legislative priorities–what they are, what we can do, and what is the current progress, and get pumped up to talk with your congressional delegation!
Please dial: (712) 770-5197
Access code: 265669
	I look forward to hearing all of you Wednesday; remember, although we can affect the world as individuals, when we act as a collective group, we are that much more effective. Let’s go out there and change what it means to be blind and demonstrate that we can live the lives we want!
Respectfully,
Michael Ausbun, Secretary
National Association of Blind Students
A proud Division of the National Federation of the Blind