[nabs-l] brailliant

Kelsey Nicolay piano.girl0299 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 00:42:20 UTC 2017

Hello i was hoping someone who uses a Brailliant could help me
out.  The past two times I've tried to update the firmware on my
Brailliant, for some reason braille support becomes unresponsive
when I restart whichever screen reader I am using.  Even when I
use Nvda to perform the update, I sometimes get an error when I
restart JAWS that the application file has stopped responding.
This past week I did the update and it seemed to work ok, but
once the computer restarted after an update, neither Nvda nor
JAWS would recognize my Brailliant.  I get the application file
error mentioned above with JAWS.  At work, we did the update with
JAWS turned off and it worked fine.  Therefore, if anyone uses a
Brailliant, please email me off list with the steps to update the
firmware using a screen reader so I don't keep having problems
with my screen reader after the update.
Thank you,
Kelsey Nicolay