[nabs-l] Questions Regarding Campus Career Services

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 06:02:34 UTC 2017

Hi Elizabeth,
I think you've had some great suggesttions, but I think, before
going to your supervisor, that you should simply see another
counselor on campus who could be more helpful.  My school has at
least 5 advisors.  I'm going to be switching counselors next year
because I didn't find my counselor helpful,  although it had
nothing to do with my blindness.  She had a very relaxed attitude
about freshmen students in  the career office, and felt that
freshmen in general didn't have to go to career fairs and that it
was really early for us to want to write our resumes.  Obviously
none of this is true.  I do think that this would be a better
option to start with than going to a supervisor; you could then
simply say, if asked, that you switched counselors because it
wasn't working out.
Vejas