[nabs-l] Community Service Division activities

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 16:35:50 UTC 2017

Good Morning,
 I just wanted to pass along the following information regarding Community Service Division activities.
 Please feel free to pass along to others.
 Please be in touch with the  respective contacts  for each of the below announcements or reply to me directly if no contact is listed.

 join us on Sunday, June 25 at 8:00 PM Eastern for a conference call all about the Community Service Division's activities at this year's NFB National Convention.
To participate, just call (712) 432-0140 and enter passcode 808277.
Annual Seminar and Business Meeting

Our annual seminar and business meeting will take place on Wednesday, July 12 from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM in Wekiwa 10. Registration starts at 6:00, and the meeting starts at 6:30. Check out the following link to preregister <http://www.nfbcommunityservice.org/2017_Community_Service_Division_Seminar_and_Business_Meeting> for this exciting and informative seminar.
Trivia Night
Trivia night will take place on Thursday, July 13 from 9:00 PM to midnight in Panzacola Ballroom H-2. Check out the following link to sign up <http://www.nfbcommunityservice.org/2017_Trivia_Night>.

At Convention this July, we will be partnering with NFB Camp for a fun and exciting Community Service project focusing on random acts of kindness. The children will be creating colorful signs or cards with positive words of encouragement. We will then be taking them out to the parking lot of the hotel, where they will place their cards on guests' cars to brighten their day. This project is intended to teach children who are blind that they can make an impact on others at a young age, and show community members that children who are blind can give to those around them. We are looking for volunteers who would enjoy helping children to create cards and help them distribute the cards in the parking lot. This event will be taking place on July 10th from 3 to 5 PM. If you would be interested in volunteering for this event, please email me at: taranabella0 at gmail.com <mailto:taranabella0 at gmail.com>I am so excited to see the impact the children will be making, and look forward to having you join us!

The Community Service Division is shining in service, and you can too! For only 10 dollars, you'll have the chance to win a stunning square-shaped diamond cluster earring and double-halo ring set from Kay Jewelers. That's right - only 10 bucks for the chance to win BOTH items! If you're interested in purchasing raffle tickets, please contact Jeanetta Price at jmaprice at yahoo.com <mailto:jmaprice at yahoo.com> or find any member of the division at National Convention! Thank you in advance for supporting the efforts put forth by the Community Service Division!