[nabs-l] Experiences at LCB Brianna McDowell

Leena Bandy leena.salim at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 21:09:52 UTC 2017

Louisiana is a great place. Ruston is a small town too in many ways so I think the feel will be similar. They are strict and will push you, but they are patient too. You will be in an apartment and they'll help you with your first shopping excursion and get you situated. You have your Braille, tech, home management, and travel classes along with woodshop. I enjoyed being in the play the center puts on every year at convention and the extra trips outside of class were a lot of fun. Just try to steer clear of the drama and it will be a great experience. Mine was great but had issues, but I blame the fact that I was 19 and very naive so found myself mixing with the wrong people.