[nabs-l] Question About Audible

Ellana Crew eemcrew at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 16:27:18 UTC 2017

Hi there,

Coincidentally, I just investigated this topic myself the other day. You do have to pay for the membership, I believe it is $14 and some change a month and it only gives you one book credit per month. I haven't found it to be especially useful on that front, because you're essentially just paying the full price for an audiobook each month as if you were buying the book outright. You can get a 30 day trial though, during which you get 2 free book credits. Also, from what I have found so far the books are only available in recorded audio format, so if you were planning to read the book using a refreshable braille display as in hoping to read the book in braille, I don't think this is possible. As mentioned before, if you're only planning to get a few books here and there, it's cheaper to pay for them individually than to use a membership.

Ellana Crew, Vice President
Maryland Association of Blind Students
Website: nfbmd.org/students
Facebook: facebook.com/mdabs.federation