[nabs-l] Transitioning to college or training center and being almost a senior in high school

Bre Brown bre.brown24 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 03:00:46 UTC 2017

Hi Mikayla,

You are certainly right. You are entering a an exciting time in your
life. However, there is no lack of stress and anticipation either.
However, you have picked a great time to start asking questions and
thinking about your plans.

When I was nearing the end of high school, I was adamant that I was
going straight to college. Then I began learning about our training
centers and the importance of training. With lots of encouragement and
research, I ultimately decided to attend training before college. I
began talking to my counselor about this early in my senior year.
Looking back, I am incredibly thankful I attended training first. I
truly don't think my college experience would have been what it was
without my training experience before hand.

If you are considering training first, this would be a great time to
start exploring our centers to decide which one you would like to
attend.

Training is amazing and life changing. I learned so many things that I
had never even thought about doing as a blind person. I made life
lasting friendships. I had so many wonderful opportunities to try new
things. I just can't say enough about the power of training. If you
have more specific questions about training or the process, feel free
to reach out to me.

Best

Bre