[nabs-l] Accommodations on tests especially math and science ones

Ahbee Orton ahbeeorton at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 16:04:33 UTC 2017

Dear All,

I'm wondering how long do you get on your tests, especially math and  science ones? I ahve double time right now, but I was wondering if this is enough, because I took a test yesterday and it went ten minutes over the double time. I got a high score and finished my test. The other students are supposed to turn in what they have by the end of the class, so if I follow double time, I would have probably have gotten a lower score due to not finishing one question. Is this fair, and how do you take your tests? I've been taking  my science science tests and most of my math tests on my iPad with my Focus 40 Braille display and a bluetooth keyboard. It may speed up the pace to do it on the Brailler. What do you all think? Thanks so much! I'm just worried that I won't get all the questions answered in double time next time. What do I do? I've taken some math tests that I went over double time, and they didn't make a big deal out of it, but now, they are. I'm kinda stressed out worrying about my future tests and not getting finished in that time frame.

Warmly,
Ahbee

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NIV