[nabs-l] Questions about accessibility of several computer applications

Jason Polansky jpolansky.nfb at gmail.com
Tue May 16 21:17:02 UTC 2017

Hi all,
I am going into my junior year at Messiah College in Pennsylvania, studying marketing. During an interview last week for a summer internship, I was informed that Microsoft Publisher is often times used to create brochures and flyers for events. I was also asked if I had any experience entering information into a database. The company is using the database to revamp their web site. I said that You could say that I was not exactly sure how to answer this question, but I essentially said that I did not have any experience with databases, but that I would open to trying it if the program was accessible with my screen reader. Also, I said that I had a decent amount of experience with Excel. As far as Publisher as concerned, I have not heard of it being discussed very much in the blind community, and I have heard that it is quite visual, and thus not sure if it is accessible. Additionally, I was wondering if anyone has had experience with Google Analytics or search engine optimization, as this is a commonly used application in marketing. Essentially, I would like to know whether it is accessible and how to go about learning it. Any advice would be appreciated.
Sincerely,
Jason