[nabs-l] Urgent: iPhone not responding

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sat May 27 14:53:47 UTC 2017

Lucy,

When I did my update yesterday, my iPhone got stuck on "Verifying
installation."  Voiceover would still respond to my finger moving around the
touch screen but I could not get the phone to do anything else.  Even the
power button would not work.  In my case, the good thing was that the update
had not really started.  I was able to hold down the HOME and the POWER
buttons and force a shutdown.  I then restarted my phone normally and itcame
up as usual.  When I tried the update again, it worked normally.  If your
phone is stuck in the same place, this might work for you.  However, if the
update has already started to run and the phone doesn't make any noise at
all, This approach may do more dammage than good if it cancels an update
already in progress.  Be sure to wait a good long time, though, before you
think the phone is truly messed up.  Especially if you have an iPhone 5, the
update can take a half hour, but even the newer phones can take more time
than one would figure.

I hope that it works itself out and you don't have to make a trip to the
Apple store.

Best regards,

Steve