[nabs-l] Seeking resources for a blind intern student

nmpbrat at aol.com nmpbrat at aol.com
Mon Oct 2 00:04:31 UTC 2017

It depends on the individual.  With that said, I think it may be beneficial as an accommodation because when you are doing an internship or student teaching, you are having to go into someone else's classroom and you have to adapt to their classroom, their teaching style, their way of doing things, etc....and it isn't always as conducive to a blind teacher who is just starting out.  So an extra set of eyes, so to speak, may be beneficial.  Once they get a classroom of their own and can do things more to their liking, it may or may not be necessary.  I would say it is definitely a reasonable accommodation and I would say that it is the responsibility of the college or university to provide that accommodation, as it is a required part of earning their degree, just as any other class is.  It just happens that this classwork is being done outside the university campus.