[nabs-l] Accessible Statistical Analysis Software

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 13:52:40 UTC 2017

SAS is accessible, but most introductory stats courses don't use it.
It's also not a free program, which means that like SPSS, the student
would either need to buy a license, or have access to a public
computer with a screen reader. Sighted students usually use lab
computers with SPSS or SAS installed on them, but blind students may
not have screen reader access on those computers. That's why I usually
recommend the free solutions first, like Excel or GraphPad, unless
there's a computer on campus with both the sstats software and a
screen reader on it.
Arielle