[nabs-l] VABS Bowl with the Blind: Logistics

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 21:41:40 UTC 2017

Howdy Everyone

I know how excited you are about this weekend and the first VABS Meet the
Blind Month Event. So excited it feels like Christmas? Or so excited it
feels like you just got asked on a date? Or maybe like me and your so
excited it feels like you just bought fresh Krispy Kreme doughnuts and
they're still hot? Regardless the level of excitement, I would just like to
clarify some things for those of you that are awesome and are attending the
VABS Bowling Event on Saturday. Here are some ground rules:

1.	I will be at the lane early. When you get there, call me or ask
someone that works there where Robert is. I am hoping to have everyone
choose the groups they want to bowl on the same lane with.
2.	Be sure to know your shoe size. I don't know how many times I have
gone bowling and someone can't tell what shoe they should get.
3.	If you require bumpers, let me know. The lanes will have rails
already, but some people like those bumper things.
4.	Be sure to bring your cane. This is an awareness event and we are
proudly displaying them for the alley to see.
5.	There is no registration, so when you get there, just be ready to
bowl. Each game costs $2. I am pretty sure we can probably get about 3 games
out of the time slot we have so I suggest having $6 with you to pay for
that.
6.	Advertise and support the raffle for the Amazon Tap. We will be
selling raffle tickets up until the end of the event at 5pm. Tickets are $5.
7.	Most importantly, do not order the Fried Pickles before me. I love
those things.

Remember to bring your sense of humor and have fun. We hope to enjoy a great
afternoon of networking, friendship, and awareness. VABS thanks you for all
your support. My phone number is in the signature if there are any questions
you may have for me.

Best Regards

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass