[nabs-l] Selecting Text from a PDF on Iphone?

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 15:44:28 UTC 2017

Hi All,
My school uses a web site called Brightspace for almost everything: viewing assignments, checking grades, making discussion posts, etc. Overall, I find it to be very accessible. I normally use  my IPhone to navigate the  site.
When I view  an assignment, whether a word document or PDF, I can easily open the document but I am still online, so therefore  if the Internet was down I would not be  able to open it  again. Therefore I like to select all, then copy and paste the text into an email to myself so  that it is saved and I can view  it on my phone or Apex. This works well with the word documents, but for some reason I am unable to select text  from Pdf's. Therefore I have to read them while online and in one sitting. Does anyone know  if you should be able to select text from a PDF, or if there is another way to save a Pdf so that I can view it at any time even  when I don't have Internet at  any given time?
Thanks,
Vejas