[nabs-l] Getting a Request Denied by Voc Rehab

roanna bacchus rbacchus228 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 15:00:19 UTC 2017

Dear Students,

I hope your Fall 2017 semester is off to a great start.  As many
of you may know, I am thinking about upgrading from the
BrailleNote Apex to the BrailleNote Touch.  Last week I contacted
my Division of Blind Services counselor and gave her a detailed
explanation about the features of the BrailleNote Touch, and how
I would use it on the job.  I also stated that I would use it for
leisure tasks such as browsing the web, sending and receiving
emails, listening to music, scheduling appointments, and reading
books using the Bard Mobile app which I successfully downloaded
from the Apple app store last week.  I already downloaded my
first book from Bard on my IPad.  This morning I received an
email from Dbs stating that my request to upgrade to the
BrailleNote Touch was denied because I do not have a job.  Have
any of you had requests denied by your vocational rehabilitation
agencies? Hope to hear from you soon.

Roanna Bacchus