[NABS-L] College campuses

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Mon Apr 2 23:05:53 UTC 2018

Hello,
In 2004, I moved to Texas from California with my Father after my
parents were divorced. There, I encountered the future college where I
would earn my Bachelor's Degree. I lost my sight in 2006 and even
though that happened, I aimed to one day attend my dream college. In
2011, I decided to go back to school and transferred to my alma matter
. I felt such a sense of pride and love the day I set foot on campus
as a student. I was attending one of the best colleges in the country
and of the top colleges in the state. When I graduated 2 years ago,
the sense of pride was overwhelming. Even though I am attending a
different college online for my Master's Degree now, I will always
love my alma matter and appreciate what I learned and how it will
continue to shape the person that I am.

Good luck in your future decision and journey

Warm regards,

Jonathan Franks BSW
Board Member
National Federation of the Blind of Texas
Graduate Student
Masters of Social work program
Texas State University