[NABS-L] Denial of services because of out of home state schooling

Amy Sabo amieelsabo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 02:00:25 UTC 2018

hello emma and all,

first of all emma i'm sorry that you are dealing with this situation.
so, i'm going to put in my 2 cents worth on this topic since I had to
endure something like I decided to do this and, take summer classes
one semester which imo was insane and, I would never do it again!
yes, dvr in most states don't want students to take summer classes
during the summer semester because of that they are much shorter and,
the funding for dvr to assist you is much shorter for the funding for
them to help you out financially. that's what is said in co but, it's
different in all states. but, it's different in all states where you
all go to school. but, in co where I transferred to for school that
was their policy they would only assist me for school in the fall and
spring semesters. as for going to another state for college then that
state in where you are going to school needs to help you out in that
matter. but, it sounds like you plan to not stay in d.c. after you are
done with college is that correct or not?  but, you ned to talk to
your dbr councelor in pa or also, talk to the school in which state
you going to school in!  like someone on this list the national office
is a good place for assistance but, also why not talk to your nfb
affiliate in both pa and also in d.c. for their assistance as well
too!

as for doing college classes in the summer that's your right to do so
as a college student but, I would advise you to take sometime off for
the summer and, relax and have some fun! I always did that for every
summer and, it was awesome to relax and have some fun and travel like
attending the nfb national conventions!  I tried summer classes and, I
wouldn't recommend them to you or any other person because they are so
fast passed and, you imo have a very hard time to keep up with the
classes and, all of the wor for the them too!  but, like I said that's
your decision to make not dvr's... so, that's my advice on this topic
take care and good luck in whatever you decide to do!

hugs,
amy