[NABS-L] Being More Respectful To Our Teachers

Roanna Bacchus rbacchus228 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 12:51:36 UTC 2018

Dear Students,

I hope all of you are doing well. On the news this morning I heard about a teacher in Texas whose post on Facebook went viral. She feels that she is being disrespected by students and parents. This story got me thinking about the respect that Tvi's and orientation and mobility instructors deserve to receive from their students. Even though I am no longer in the public school system, I still keep in contact with my former teachers including my Tvi and mobility instructor. Parents must teach their children to respect those who are in authority over them. How much respect do you give your teachers? I would love to hear your thoughts on this topic.