[NABS-L] Being More Respectful To Our Teachers

Naim Muawia Abu-El Hawa nmabuelhawa at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 21:17:08 UTC 2018

Good Day:
Respecting those upholding positions of authority is vital to any functional society; as is taught by the structural functional theory of Sociology, each individual plays his or her respective role in society as a whole.  In fact, in certain cultures, students hold so much respect for their instructors that they cannot look them in the eye.  On a separate note, it is rather unfortunate that teachers earn such low salaries, as compared to such professionals as boxers, professional football players, and/or professional basketball players.  Please do not get me wrong, I have a great degree of respect for professional sports; however, way too much money is being dumped into the entertainment industry, as compared to our educational system.  Nevertheless, I can easily spend $60 on music a week; yes, call me a hypocrite.  As I flip another page of my textbook for my online course, I am taking another teacher or professor out of employment, with my reliance on virtual classrooms and the Internet.  Please Note: This is just my opinion, I am not gaining any political endorsements for the above statements.  Many thanks and much respect.
Sincerely,
Naim Muawia Abu-El Hawa
Vice President: Virginia Association of Blind Students
National Association of Blind Students
National Federation of the Blind
Email: nmabuelhawa at gmail.com