[NABS-L] applications and scholarships

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 18:17:37 UTC 2018

Hi Maura,

That's cool you'll go to CCB.
I think that each person's approach to this question will be different but I'll tell you what I did. I went to LCB between senior year of high school and freshman year of college.
I applied to colleges senior year. That way, I would have the guidance of the college and career staff, and had the option to apply again during training if something went wrong. I had a few friends who applied for college during their training, and while it was doable, it was more difficult because they could not really visit the schools while they were training.
When I got accepted to college in senior year, I asked to have my enrollment deferred, though I still had to pay for my commitment deposit.
I waited to apply for scholarships while in training, though, because a lot of scholarships ly given out directly for the next year and can't be deferred. You should still stay in touch with some teachers, because of letters of recommendation, though.
Hope this helps,
Vejas

Sent from my iPhone