[NABS-L] MiABS Washington Seminar Fundraisers

rob.parso3389 at gmail.com rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 20:55:52 UTC 2018

Howdy NABSters

I hope that your holidays are going well and that you have received the
grades you expected during the semester. Washington Seminar is one of the
most anticipated times of our calendar year because it is a big part of our
advocacy efforts to make sure our legislative needs are being heard by our
elected officials. This year, we have many students flying to capitol hill
to speak on issues that affect the blind and we thought it would be a great
idea to fundraise some items.

  1.  Chocolate Chip Cookies: Mi-ABS will be selling delicious, soft baked
Grandma Cookies in Washington, D.C. The cookies are available for $1 for two
cookies and will be a hit item this year, especially during meetings and
events in the Holiday Inn Capital Hotel.

  2.  Washington Seminar Buttons: The Michigan Association of Blind Students
will be selling Washington Seminar buttons. These are priceless souvenirs
that can be collected to record your participation or support of the student
efforts in the capital. The buttons are blue, with red lettering and a white
outline. The button has the NFB logo on it, the official Washington Seminar
Hashtag #NFBWS19, and our student mantra "Don't Deny, Aim High." These
buttons are the first in an annual effort to provide buttons each year that
can allow for students and other NFB members to create a collection of times
that they attend or support seminar each year. Each button costs $3 and are
in limited supply, so get them while they are available.

Not attending seminar? No worries, the fundraising committee has you
covered. If you are interested in purchasing buttons before the seminar,
feel free to place an order with the division via Venmo. If you send a
payment for the item to our official treasury page @MiABS-Treasury, you can
have a button set aside for you to either pick up or have mailed to you. We
can also take advance order purchases and I will have the reserved orders or
cookies and buttons available starting Sunday, January 27 at the hotel.

If you have any questions about the fundraising committee or what we are
selling for Washington Seminar, feel free to send me an email at
Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu
<mailto:Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu%3cmailto:Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu>
<mailto:Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu> or give me a call at 804.801.7674. The
fundraising committee meets on the first and third Thursday or the month at
10pm, feel free to join us and give us some ideas and feedback in the
future.

Happy Holidays

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

Board Member, Michigan Association of Blind Students