[NABS-L] Tech In College

Ignasi Cambra ignasicambra at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 11:11:03 UTC 2018

I think it mostly depends on whether you are interested in using braille or not. If Braille is important to you than a notetaker with a built in braille display is probably the best option. Otherwise I would say a laptop is much better simply because the range of applications that you will be able to use is much larger, and it will be more compatible with devices other people are using. A laptop will also perform much better with mail attachments or other files you might encounter in different situations. I am a Mac user and find that the current 12 inch MacBook is very good for taking notes and for most things that one might need to do on a daily basis. It’s very light, and has all day battery life. There are many great options available on the Windows side as well and they might be a bit cheaper.
It also depends on what you are planning on studying in college. There are classes that might require you to use specific programs that are not available on braille notetakers. In those cases you will need to use a regular computer anyways and it probably won’t make sense to carry around so many things.
Hope it helps!

Sent from my iPhone