[NABS-L] Tech In College

Amy Sabo amieelsabo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 04:06:56 UTC 2018

hello Alexandra and all,

sorry, for the late response to this message. but, when I started my
college journey in 2000 I got jfw and kurzwell from the commission for
the blind in Michigan which I used. I also got a voicenote qt which
was helpful since i'm a very slow braille person. I had that notetaker
until 2004 when I finally got a laptop which I have used in my college
and work endeavors! both the notetaker and the laptop are good for
doing all college work in the classroom and, oiut of the classroom
but, you need to overview the weight of both of them and, also the
battery life of them! the notetaker has more battery life but the
laptop is not as light in weight unless you get a laptop which is
light in weight! also, in getting technology for the classroom and
stuff thenotetaker is good there are many times when you will have to
send it away to have it fixed because when I had mine I had to send it
away to get it fixed which too a long time to get back and, if your
laptop is broken you don't have to send it away you can get it fixed
right away at a local computer store.

so, that's my thoughts on which products in technology you should you
use.. there's no one item you to use you can use all of your tech
items which are your tools in your tool box!  take care and, good
luck!

hugs,
amy