[NABS-L] Thesis project regarding gender of blind and visually impaired individuals

Alaina Jacobsen jacobsaj at whitman.edu
Fri Jan 12 19:06:27 UTC 2018

Greetings!

My name is Alaina Jacobsen, and I am a sighted Gender Studies student in my senior year at Whitman College, in Walla Walla, WA.  For my thesis project, I am conducting research regarding the gendered experiences of blindness.  I hope to interview blind and visually impaired individuals (aged 18-28) to get a better understanding of how being blind or visually impaired interacts with and informs gender, and how performing a certain gender can impact the experience of being blind or visually impaired.  Interviews would be approximately one hour long, and they can be conducted over phone or video calls that are recorded.  I will assure confidentiality of any data provided by all participants.  If this is something you would be interested in, please contact me by emailing me at jacobsaj at whitman.edu or by calling me at 509-710-5523 to find out more information and set up an interview time.  I welcome all questions and comments that you may have regarding this research.  Any suggestions for people to contact who might be interested in an interview with me would also be greatly appreciated.

Please contact me to find out more about my project, to set up an interview, or to give me feedback.

Sincerely,

Alaina Jacobsen