[NABS-L] Higher Education Students Needed to Participate in Survey on Tactile Graphics

Lewis, Anil ALewis at nfb.org
Wed Jun 27 12:49:46 UTC 2018

The below research participant solicitation is being provided for informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our research mission.

Greetings!

You are being asked to participate in a survey as part of a research study. AMAC Accessibility Solutions and Research Center at Georgia Institute of Technology is initiating this survey. The object of the research study is to investigate students' experiences with tactile graphics. Survey results will be used to improve how tactile graphics are designed for educational purposes.

We are looking for subjects who are higher education students, who have visual impairment, who are familiar with tactile graphics, and who are 18 years of age or older.

The survey will require approximately 30 minutes of your time. Your participation in the survey is entirely voluntary and you may terminate your participation in the survey at any time.

Rest assured that all of your answers will be confidential and we will make sure your name will not be revealed in any report related to this study. The study will conform to the policies regarding human subjects' research as mandated by the Institutional Review Board of Georgia Tech.

If you are interested in participating in this study, please visit the link below to give your consent:

Follow this link to the Survey:

https://gatech.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5mCq38eHtSTkHpr<https://gatech.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5mCq38eHtSTkHpr>

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:

https://gatech.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5mCq38eHtSTkHpr<https://gatech.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5mCq38eHtSTkHpr>

We kindly request you complete the survey no later than 3 weeks from the date you receive this email.

Also, please feel free to contact us for any additional information that may aid you in making a decision about participating. Our email address is research at amac.gatech.edu<mailto:research at amac.gatech.edu>.

If you would prefer to discuss the study and/or your participation on the telephone, please call Dr. Zerrin Ondin at 404 385-5255.

Zerrin Ondin, Phd
Research Scientist
AMAC Accessibility Solutions and Research Center
Georgia Institute of Technology | College of Design
www.amacusg.org<http://www.amacusg.org>

Guy Toles
Braille Services Manager
AMAC Accessibility Solutions and Research Center
Georgia Institute of Technology | College of Design
www.amacusg.org<http://www.amacusg.org>

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.
Deputy Executive Director, Jernigan Institute
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, extension 2221| lblake at nfb.org<mailto:lblake at nfb.org>

[National Federation of the Blind]<https://nfb.org/>

                         [Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>     [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>     [Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

Disclaimer