[NABS-L] Question about justifying training

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Wed May 2 01:54:56 UTC 2018

Hi Mikayla,
Congrats on your choice to go to CCB. I was in the same situation several years ago, except with LCB.
Personally, I think three days isn't much time to write a justification letter. It's doable, but there is a lot of research required.
I found what helped me the most was visiting the training centers in my state. I could then compare them to LCB and explain why I thought LCB suited my needs better.
Keep in mind, there is no "bad" training center. Some centers clearly have lower expectations, but you want to promote your attending LCB without attacking the other training center.
I found that visiting the centers really helped. With only a few days, though, I'd suggest that you maybe write an email to the  training centers in your state, tell them what you want to work on, and the cost.
In my case it actually turned out that despite being out of state, LCB was cheaper than at least one of the other training centers of my state.
I wish you the best of luck.
Vejas Vasiliauskas
Secretary and Treasurer of the California Association of Blind Students
Phone: 3102653949
Email: alpineimagination at gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone