[NABS-L] University survey about education, accommodation, assistive technology, and discrimination related to blindness and visual impairment

Brian Stone brianstone984 at boisestate.edu
Tue Nov 20 18:07:38 UTC 2018

Greetings from research team working with Dr. Brian Stone at Boise State
University. We are conducting a simple research study in which we ask those
who identify as blind or visually impaired to fill out a survey. The survey
relates to your experiences in the educational system, including
accommodations, assistive technology, and social experiences. It will also
ask some general questions about your use of assistive technology, your
interactions with others, and so on.

This research is supported in part by the Teach Access initiative to
increase accessibility in higher education and student training, as well as
by the Association for Psychological Science. Some of the questions were
written by university students specifically studying accessibility and
design related to blindness and visual impairment.

If you are interested in participating, click the link below to read a
consent statement and then complete the survey. It should take between 15
to 35 minutes to complete. Participation is completely voluntary and your
answers will be anonymous. Click on the link below to take this survey on a
secure platform:
https://boisestate.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9Zeqt6UdodnWnZj

Thank you for your time. Note: we are posting this on a few different
websites and email lists, so apologies if you see it in multiple places.
Please only participate one time.