[NABS-L] Improving Braille Display reading speed?

Bill Dengler codeofdusk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 17:28:05 UTC 2018

Hello,
I’ve been totally blind since birth and started learning Braille at a young age (around 5), but have always read very slowly (around 50 words per minute). I found this article which discusses various techniques for improving reading efficiency: https://nfb.org/Images/nfb/Publications/bm/bm03/bm0305/bm030508.htm <https://nfb.org/Images/nfb/Publications/bm/bm03/bm0305/bm030508.htm>
I’ve recently started reading with two hands, but don’t think I’m executing the first technique quite as they describe. In any case, it only seems to apply to paper documents where multiple lines are available at once.
What’s the equivalent of this technique when using a refreshable Braille Display?

Thanks,
Bill