[NABS-L] Improving Braille Display reading speed?

Miso Kwak misokwak12 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 18:12:08 UTC 2018

Hi Bill,
I don't know what specific braille display you use.
I have used both BrailleNote Apex and BrailleSense Polaris and I find that those displays have scroll down buttons at a convenient location.
For instance, when I was using Apex, I would set the most right thumb key to be one line scroll down, so as my right hand reached the end of the line I would press the most right thumb key and quickly move my left hand th to the beginning of the line.
Similarly, on Polaris, I move my both left and right hand quickly and press the scroll down button with my index finger as soon as I reach the end of the line, and then move my left hand simultaneously.
I don't know my word count per minute but I am a fast braille reader both on paper and on display. I credit this to just many many years of reading braille, and exclusively relying on braille for academic work for quite a time.

Miso

Sent from my iPhone