[NABS-L] Anatomy Class

lily2011a at gmail.com lily2011a at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 14:11:40 UTC 2018

Hello Ka,

I took anatomy and physiology one and two in college. The biology department already had some three – D models that are used in the lab. Also, they purchased more of the three – D models because not only did they think it was going to be helpful to me but also a lot of sighted students benefit from the models as well. We dissected cats in the lab. The professor ordered thinner latex gloves, so that I could still feel the parts of the cat during the dissection process. When I had difficult time identifying the smaller parts of the cat such as the nerves, The professor would have me identify those parts on the three -d models. I found the three – D models very beneficial.
Also the professor would sometimes make two dimensional models out of marshmallows, straws, and other miscellaneous things. I would also receive tactile images and diagrams that were produced at the disability office. I did not find those as helpful. I would always utilize the professors office hours and I even set up an hour each week to meet with the professor. We would go over material that I didn’t understand in class. A lab assistant would  read my lab practicals to me because the practicals were Visual. If you would like more tips or have any other questions, feel free to contact me off list. My number is: 267-644-6530. Email works as well.
All the best,
Lily
Sent from my iPhone