[NABS-L] Jaws Certification

Roger Newell inscriptioelectronicaaustralia at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 06:38:38 UTC 2018

In your use case, JAWS Certification doesn't sound like a good
solution. JAWS Certification is designed for people wishing to train
others in the use of JAWS or those who want to show their skill in
using JAWS to an employer. Some of the content tested in the
multiple-choice exam is definitely not something the average user
would encounter even on an infrequent basis.

There are email lists where people ask for help about issues with
JAWS. The two most popular are at http://groups.io/g/jfw and
http://groups.io/g/jaws-users-list Note that both are extremely
high-traffic, but you will definitely learn lots of tips and tricks
that you would not otherwise have known about. Even I, a proficient
user, can claim to have learned things from reading messages on those
lists.

As I have said in a previous message, I have taken and passed the
certification exam, but as I have not paid to receive my certificate
(I only took the exam for my own amusement), you will not find my name
listed as having obtained the certification. If you encounter any
issues, you may contact me privately, however I have not used Outlook,
so I can't help you with that problem.