[NABS-L] Environmental Science and Foreign Language Courses

Justin Heard braillemasterjustin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 18:31:46 UTC 2018

Hi everyone!
I have two important questions. Next Spring, I will take an
environmental science course. One of the things the professor mentioned
is called a colorimeter. I looked through Independence Science, and did
not see anything that went with LabQuest, though I'm not a science major
so I could have easily missed something. Has anyone used a colorimeter
before, and if so, how?
For my major, I am required to take two foreign language courses. I am
going to take Spanish 1 and 2. How should I handle this? Should I have
as much material produced in Spanish braille as possible? I am an
efficient braille reader, and my college will do this with ease. Or is
there a digital route that I should take? Just so you know, I read all
of my textbooks on a braille display because I learn better that way.
I'm not sure how well I could switch from English to Spanish braille
though. Has anyone tried learning a foreign language this way before?
Thanks for taking the time to read this!