[NABS-L] work experience?

Miranda knownoflove at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 17:32:44 UTC 2019

Hi,
While it is commonly thought that many social workers work with in the foster care system, this is a very broad field with a wide range of career options. Medical social work, hospice, foster care and adoption, domestic violence advocacy, government, policy, working with immigrants and refugees, working with senior citizens, working with people with disabilities, working with veterans or in some form of military social work, veterinary social work, and forensic social work or just some of the many options available. Prior to changing my major to social work, I worked in a refugee resettlement agency for a previous internship. My junior social work field placement was in a domestic violence shelter for women and children, and I am now completing my senior social work field placement in an afterschool childcare program, where I am assisting in developing programs for youth and adults along with providing information and referral services to parents and caregivers of the children in our program. I have also volunteered or been trained to work in a local pregnancy center, with international high school Exchange students, families in crisis, individuals and families experiencing natural disasters, and inmates preparing to reenter society.
I hope this helps, and have a wonderful week!

Best wishes, Miranda

Sent from my iPhone